How does the process work?
We encourage as many submissions as you’d like to make. The more ideas we share, the healthier SELA will become
- You submit an Initial Application Form
- We send you a confirmation that we received the application.
- We review the application and contact you:
- Up to five applicants will be selected as finalists by the judging panel that includes AltaMed employees and SELA community members.
- Finalists profiles are created and each organization encourages friends and the community to vote for you!
- We publish your proposal across as many social media channels as makes sense – we’ll use AltaMed, SELA city sites and your organization or individual sites…whatever it takes to get the word out on, your idea!
- After the voting period, the five proposals with the most votes will be selected for judging by a panel that includes AltaMed employees and SELA community members.
- After the voting period, finalist’s votes are tallied and combined with the judging panel’s scores and a winner(s) is selected.
- Winning projects* will be announced.
- AltaMed will meet with the winner(s) to enter into an agreement that covers the rules and requirements for receiving funding.**
- Once the Agreements are complete, we’ll show off your great idea at an event and through social media.
- There can be multiple winners so long as the total amount awarded is equal to or less than $20,000 (i.e. there may be four projects each with $5,000 in funding that we match with four grants of $5,000).
- ** Before you begin the Initial Application Form, please be sure you’ve read the complete Terms and Conditions of the program located here.
What are the Key Dates?
- Application Period: November 17th, 2017 at 12:00:01 PM Pacific Time to January 31st, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time
- Application Judging Period: February 1st, 2018 to February 26th, 2018
- Finalists Online Voting Period: February 28th, 2018 at 12:00:01 PM Pacific Time to March 14th, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time
- Winners Announced: March 19th, 2018
How is a winner selected?
Points are awarded by a judging panel and online voting. Based on the total points awarded by the judging panel, up to the top five projects are selected as finalists. Finalists project profiles are created and voted on by the community
Points awarded by Judging:
A maximum of 70 Points are awarded by a judging panel based on these metrics:
- Impact the program will have on the health and well-being of SELA = 35 points
- Likelihood of the applicant’s plan being completed on time and within budget= 21 points
- Sustainability of the project once it is completed = 10 points
- Overall Quality of Submission = 4 points
Up to the five top-scoring project applications are selected as Finalists:
A maximum of 30 points is awarded based on finalists online voting.
- 1st place receives: 30 points
- 2nd place receives: 25 points
- 3rd place receives: 20 points
- 4th place receives: 15 points
- 5th place receives: 10 points
Judging points and finalist judging points are totaled. In the event of a tie, a coin flip decides the winner.
What are the details, rules, terms and conditions?
Visit the Official Rules Page Here